Location: Remote (Virtual Internship)
This role will be temporary hiring of Computer Science Interns from top engineering institutions in India, who will help the ISG (Internet Solutions Group of IIM Calcutta) team to build & manage applications used by IIM Calcutta students/alums/professors. These applications are built on open-source platforms that require good programming skills to develop & maintain them regularly.
Job responsibilities include:
- Understand the architecture of the applications and either fix the bug or build them from scratch.
- Upgrade all the existing applications to the latest versions.
- Migrate these applications from the on-premises servers to the newly acquired AWS server.
- Ad-hoc tasks to improve the overall integrity of the IIM Calcutta IT infrastructure.
- Programming skills in PHP or similar scripting language
- Ubuntu OS & Linux commands
- Building a login system (Central Authentication Service) – connected to LDAP
- Handling server configurations & debugging
- Installing / Upgrading open-source applications to the latest version
- Migrating applications & databases to AWS / other on-premises servers.
Duration of Internship: February 2023 – April 2023 (Tentative)
Mode of Application:
Fill up this Google Form
Last Date of receipt of Applications: 01st February 2023
Shortlisting & Hiring of Interns Criteria:
- Submission - CV (Mandatory) & Cover Letter (Optional)
- Brief on past projects (GitHub, websites, etc.)
- PHP & Linux Exam (Tentative)
- Coding Prowess (through CodeChef, Hacker Rank etc.)
- Final Interview
Incentives for the Interns:
- Stipend (per month): Rs. 10,000 (Fixed) + 5,000 (Variable: Performance-based Bonus)
- Performance-based Bonus: Based on the effort put by the intern (person-hours) and the technical inputs to solve the problems (tech knowledge & coding)
- Stipend will be calculated & paid based on pro-rata basis, depending on the interns joining & end date and the performance of the intern
- Internship Certificate from IIM Calcutta on successful completion
- A cumulative stipend will be paid at the end of the 3 months, along with certificates