Position: Head - IIM Calcutta Case Research Centre (IIMCCRC) (On Contract)
Department: IIM Calcutta Case Research Centre
- Overseeing all operational activities of IIMCCRC and managing day to day running of its office.
- Generating leads on potential cases from external organizations via industry contacts.
- Appointing part-time case writers and copy editors.
- Actively participating in writing cases.
Detailed Job responsibilities of Head of IIMCCRC:
- The Head is responsible for overseeing all operational activities of IIMCCRC and should work under the guidance of the faculty coordinator. This includes managing day to day running of the centre and the IIMCCRC office. They manage interactions with other administrative groups such as the offices of the director and dean, accounts, and various program offices.
- The Head is responsible for organizing case workshops and designing and implementing strategies to generate awareness about the centre inside and outside the institute. They should constantly look for leads on potential cases from external organizations via industry contacts and IIMC alumni, and scout interest for external sponsorship of case writing and other activities of the centre. They should communicate with faculty members to identify opportunities for new cases and seek interest in supervising cases.
- The Head should appoint part-time case writers as needed in consultation with the Faculty Coordinator. They should ensure that the schedule for case writing is adhered to by the faculty supervisor and case writers, and should facilitate communication with the enterprise under study as and when required. Before final approval of the case, they should ensure proof reading and copy editing of the case and associated materials, by undertaking such revisions themselves or appointing suitable third parties. The Head should be able to participate in writing cases, up to two per year.
- Copy editors should be assigned to the case by the Head of IIMCCRC in consultation with the Faculty Coordinator to review the final content and ensure it meets the publishing standards of IIMCCRC.
- The faculty coordinator is supported by the Head of the IIMCCRC who is responsible for the operations of the centre.
- Liaison with IIM Calcutta faculty to discuss case leads and initiate case writing projects based on the leads generated.
- 03 (Three) years Bachelor's degree with at least 55% marks in the aggregate from a recognized University/Institute. OR
- B. Tech / 04 (Four) years degree with at least 55% marks in the aggregate from a recognized University/Institute.
- Preference will be given to the candidates with first class MBA or Post graduate diploma of 02(Two) years in any discipline (preferably management) from a recognized University/Institute. OR
- M.Tech from a recognized University/Institute.
- Relevant work experience of 07 (Seven) years or more, in supervisory cadre.
- Should have good written and oral communication skills and should be able to liaison with organizations to establish leads for case writing.
- Should also be well versed with basic finance to manage accounts on behalf of the case centre.
Rs.70,000/- (Rupees Seventy Thousand) to Rs.90,000/- (Rupees Ninety Thousand) per month in commensurate with the experience and job profile of the candidate with other admissible benefits applicable to contractual employees as per Institute’s rules. The salary will be revised annually based on performance as per Institute’s policy/norms. The salary will not be a constraint for deserving candidates.
Medical expenses on domiciliary treatment (OPD - Out Patient Department) for self & dependent family members within the Institute’s ceiling limit of Rs.27,000/- (Rupees Twenty Seven Thousand only) per annum and yearly Mediclaim Insurance coverage for self & dependent family members upto Rs.4 Lacs (Rupees Four Lacs) for hospitalization treatment. These limits are subject to revisions from time to time. Other applicable benefits like mobile reimbursement etc. will be as per the Institute’s rules.
This is a contractual position for an initial period of 03 (Three) years, which will be reviewed every year based on the performance. During the engagement, candidate may opt out from service of the Institute or the Institute may terminate the engagement, by giving 30 (Thirty) days written notice by either side.
- Applicants working in Govt./Semi Govt./Public Sector Undertaking etc. will be required to submit ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employer at the time of Interview. Candidates on selection are required to submit relieving letter from their employer (Govt./Public sector/Private etc.) at the time of joining the Institute, without which they will not be allowed to join.
- Application forms should be supported by self-attested photograph and documents in respect of qualification, experience etc., of the candidates.
- The prescribed qualification is the minimum and mere fulfilling the minimum essential qualification will not entitle an applicant to be called for test/interview.
- Degree as referred above should have been awarded by a recognized University/Institute.
- Candidate should submit a certificate from the employer/competent authority that no vigilance/disciplinary case is either pending or contemplated against him/her.
- Competent authority may relax the age and experience in deserving cases.
- Any subsequent amendments/modifications etc., if any, will be notified in the Institute’s website (www.iimcal.ac.in) and may be referred by the interested candidates.
- Application fee of Rs.200/- (Rupees Two hundred) only should be submitted in the form of demand draft in favour of “Indian Institute of Management Calcutta” payable at Kolkata. For Online Bank Transfer, Bank Details may be found as attached. SC/ST/Female candidates will not be required to submit the application fee.
- No interim queries will be entertained.
- The authority reserves the right to reject/accept any/all candidature without assigning any reason.
- Out stationed candidates shortlisted for personal interview would be reimbursed to and fro AC II tier train fare as travelling allowance on submission of bills.
- Incomplete applications or applications without self-attested copies of certificates / testimonials or received after the last date are liable to be rejected.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements may apply on prescribed form addressed to: 'Senior Administrative Officer (HR)’, Indian Institute Of Management Calcutta, D. H. Road, P.O. -Joka, Kolkata – 700 104 on or before 2nd June, 2022.