Student Council Activities
- President: Shubham Bajaj
Joka Life App: Initiated the discussion with multiple stakeholders, including PMTech Club, ISG, and IT Rep, to develop a one-stop solution for the Joka community.
- Alumni Secretary: Soham Dave
He hosted Alumni from the 22nd batch for the inauguration of a new sports facility and connected with alumni to get the idea of interest in the case of an offline city meet Nostalgia.
- Sports Secretary: Abhimanyu Yadav
Helped conduct PGP1 vs PGP2 Badla matches & is planning to host C-XL Sports Fest 2022 & a Faculty & Admin vs Student sports exhibition matches for the following sports – Volleyball, Futsal, Cricket and Badminton.
- Cultural Secretary: Rudraksh Agarwal
Assisted Debating Society and Public Policy Club in conducting the first fully offline event- Mock Parliament held in the academic block. Working towards setting up Joka Awards for the yearbook in collaboration with Alumni Secretary & hosting 57th Batch Farewell Celebration.
- IT Representative: Sashank Vaibhav Allu
Joka Life App: Put together a collaboration with PMTech Club and ISG to develop an app to help students with the following
a. Mess charges for swiping in, extras and night mess orders
b. Billing and payments based on electronic records
c. Complaint redressal for hostel issues like poor internet, pest control, etc. and a quick message board
- AWS Migration of Student Services:
Initiated discussions with AWS sales to explore migration to cloud for the student services like Courseweb and BB, which are currently running outdated versions on old hardware on the campus.
- ER Secretaries: Kanak Jangid & Abhilash Maji
Instagram Blue Tick Verification: This initiative was started by the previous year’s ER Secretaries. Hopefully, we plan to conclude the same and gain the elite blue tick symbol on our IIMC official page.
City Meets: Organise offline city meets across 6+ cities in India, including NCR/Mumbai/Kolkata/Bangalore/Chennai/Ahmedabad etc.
IMF MUN: We are planning to conduct a MUN focused on finance/economic issues simulating the discussion that happens at Davos/IMF
- MBA Representatives: Hita Agarwal, Vaibhav Yadav Charupreet Kaur, Atif Ahmed
Conduct the following Institute Lecture Series (ILS) lecture after seeking student’s preferences
- Placement Representatives: Akhil Sachan, Debayan Ganguly, Harshit Jain, Lovely Chopra, Sidharth P Jacob
631 Full-Time Offer made for 465 students with 192 firms participating in Finals Placement Process. Reported average CTC of 34.2 Lakhs INR - an increase of 17% from last year. Reported median CTC of 31 Lakhs INR - a rise of 14% from the previous year.
- STEP Representative: Maria Rose Joseph
Activities planned in the next period:
- Conducting STEP allocation process with maximum possible seat offerings
- Collaborating with vendors for the visa, foreign currency needs, insurance, merchandise, accommodation and travel of outgoing students
- Hosting incoming students and ensuring smooth relocation in collaboration with HAS and proper immersion through helplines and buddy system