Executive Programme On Digital & Social Media Marketing Strategy (EPDSMMS)
The programme would focus on providing in-depth knowledge on digital and social media marketing and analytics that would help in planning, implementing and measuring the social media marketing and analytics that would help in planning, implementing and measuring the social media strategy to create awareness, and ultimately drive sales.
The programme has been designed to provide a foundation for marketers who want to specialize in the digital and social media marketing strategies, or those wanting to broaden their understanding in this domain. This six month certificate programme from IIM Calcutta would hone the general management skills followed by deep diving into the basic and advanced modules of marketing in the social and digital media platforms. The course will focus on sharing the latest trends, best practices and technologies for effective digital and social media marketing. It will provide in-depth knowledge on digital and social media marketing and analytics: how to plan, implement and measure a digital marketing and social media strategy to create awareness, generate leads and ultimately drive sales. The program focuses on marketing strategy and digital strategy and builds on the three pillars of traditional marketing analytics, search marketing and social media listening and analytics. The faculty will focus on the synergy between on-field practice and in-class learning.
This programme will be of interest to an executive or a manager from marketing, product / brand, and sales functions or a marketing analyst or business owner, who is planning to implement digital and social media campaigns to create brand awareness, enhance brand recall, generate leads and enhance customer experience. Managers from other functional areas or a non-marketing background with a supporting role for organization’s marketing activities would also find the programme relevant.
This is a six months programme that is divided into three modules of approximately two months each. The first and second modules would be delivered using direct to device for around four months. This would enable participants to attend the programme at their convenience from their homes or offices. The third module will be conducted as face-to-face classes at IIM Calcutta campus. The durations of the campus visit would be of four days.
The campus visit will be conducted subject to the Covid-19 situation and depending on Government and Institute directives regarding the same.
The on-line sessions will be held on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 6:45 - 9:45 PM.
Domestic Programme Fee: Rs 3,28,000/- + (Applicable Taxes)
Campus Fee: Rs 32,000/- + (Applicable Taxes)
The programme will be highly experiential and interactive, comprising participant presentations and discussions, case studies, classroom lectures and presentations by experts from academia as well as industry.
The structure of the program is as following:
Module 1: Online in D2D Mode
Understanding the strategic need for digital and social media marketing
- Course Overview and Simulations
- Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning
- Marketing and Core Values
- Formulating a Marketing Strategy
- Industry Speaker Session(s)
- Search Engine Marketing and Keywords Analysis I
- Search Engine Marketing and Keywords Analysis II
Module 2: Online in D2D mode
Execution plans for digital and social media marketing
Module 2A: Search Engine Marketing and Simulation
- Market Research and Principles of A/B Testing for the Digital Medium
- SEM and Simulation Review
- Digital Marketing Simulation - Review and Presentations
- Case Studies in Digital Marketing (I, II and III)
- Google Ads Platform (I and II)
Module 2B: Web Design and Content Marketing
- Web Design Frameworks and Landing Pages
- Product Management and Ecommerce Setup
- Pricing in the Digital World I
- Pricing in the Digital World II
- Content Strategy
- Project Proposals
Module 2C: Analytics
- Introduction to Analytics and Making Sense of Data
- Market Basket Analysis
- Classification Techniques – I
- Classification Techniques – II
- Recommender Systems
- Text Analytics
- Google Analytics and Competitor Intelligence
Module 2D: Social Media Marketing
- Social Media Marketing - Simulation
- Branding and Social Media
- LinkedIn Marketing
- Facebook and Instagram Advertising
- Simulation Review and Social Media Marketing
- Whatsapp, Pinterest and Influencer Marketing
- Youtube, Twitter and Viral Marketing
- Educating Consumers: Leveraging the Power of Social Media
- Social Media Marketing Simulation - Review and Presentations
Module 3: On-campus
Assessing the impact of digital and social media marketing
- Blockchain for Marketing (I and II)
- IOT and AR/VR for Marketing (I and II)
- AIML Applications in Digital Marketing
- Project Presentations (I and II)
- Conclusion and Farewell
All participants also have to do a compulsory project based on a topic of their choice related to digital and/or social media marketing. Non-completion of this project would lead to incomplete grade in the programme. Each project would be guided by a faculty from IIM Calcutta, besides an industry mentor to be chosen by the participant him/her self.
Graduate / Post-Graduate degree with minimum 50% marks, and at least 2 years of experience in media, advertising, start-ups, social or digital media, e-commerce or related domains instead of at least Graduate degree.
For further details and for downloading the application forms please visit https://www.hugheseducation.com/iim-calcutta/epdsmms