Executive Programme in Growth Strategies for Business Leaders (EPGSBL)
The heady opportunities available in a high growth economy amidst global technological disruption encourage business leaders to craft and execute business strategies for sustained growth. Growth, however, poses several challenges and successful management of growth strategies require careful crafting by managers. Rapid growth often introduces novel complexities in organizations. New forms and modes of coordination of work, processes and practices are needed to be designed and managed. This programme is aimed at addressing such concerns so that managers can make more deliberated choices around options of growth.
The inputs in this programme have been designed with a strategy eye, and a ‘general management’ focus. It will deal explicitly with issues of power, control and governance, including designing of such systems as to enable the realization of desired control. Managing and designing the internal systems and environment of the organization as well as designing inter-organizational cooperation and coordination arrangements will be major focus areas of the programme. Managing growth is not only an economic question of organizational financial performance, but extends far beyond into managing identities, aspirations, expectations of various stakeholders around an organization.
- Developing a strategic perspective on aspiring for and executing organizational growth
- Understanding strategic dimensions of growth – especially appreciating differences between conflicts, contests and cooperation underlying growth processes
- Learning to design organizations that are resilient to complexities induced by growth processes
- Appreciating various forms of inter-organizational cooperation underlying rapid growth processes
- Appreciating the softer dimensions of growth – managing identities and aspirations
Senior and middle level managers and profit centre heads would find the programme particularly useful. Working professionals wishing to participate in the programme need to have a minimum experience of 10 years. Managers with longer and broader experience would benefit more from the programme.
The duration of the programme is 1 year.
The programme will be delivered through online classes once a week (Friday 6:45 PM – 9:45 PM). In addition, there will be two campus visits at IIM Calcutta campus; a 4 days visit in the middle of the programme and 3 days visit at the end of the programme SUBJECT TO GOVT RULES and INSTITUTE RULES on the pandemic.
Domestic programme Fee: Rs. 4,50,000/-+ (applicable taxes)
Campus fee: Rs. 56,000/-+ (applicable taxes)
- Case discussions: Each week participants will have compulsory reading/assignments for the week’s class
- Intensive and integrated faculty-guided project work on a live case/problem spread across the course duration
- Guest lectures from practitioners
The programme will have 4 main modules. The 4 (four) main modules along with short descriptions of each module is indicated below:
Mastering Growth Mechanics
- Analytical clarity to chart a growth path,
- Linking growth and profitability,
- Business Model Innovation as growth driver,
- Non-Linear Growth in Platforms,
- Anticipating and dealing with conflicts and cooperation in growth path
Leveraging Innovation for Growth
- Organizing to leverage innovation;
- Organization designing for implementing growth and scaling,
- Designs for building agility for a VUCA world,
- Sourcing, evaluating and scaling new ideas in organizations, Locating, creating, managing and supporting the innovator in the organization, Ambidexterity and dynamic capabilities
Orchestrating Ecosystem for Growth
- Managing competitive and cooperative relations in value chains,
- Managing inter-firm relations,
- Managing alliances and joint ventures,
- Competing to set industry Standards (Standard Races),
- Governing ecosystem for orchestrating growth along preferred paths
Building Long Term Pillars for Sustenance of Growth
- Negotiating and managing stakeholder expectations, managing trade-offs between the long and the short-term expectations;
- Building capabilities inside organizations and in ecosystem partners, Building and managing organizational identities
- Working executives who are graduates (10+2+3 or equivalent)/post graduates in any discipline with minimum 50% marks, with an experience profile of at least 10 years after graduation are eligible.
- Eligible candidates will be selected on the basis of assessment of educational and professional background and motivation based on the application form submitted. Senior applicants with experience would be preferred.
For further details and for downloading the application forms please visit - https://timestsw.com/course/iim-calcutta-executive-programme-in-growth-strategies-for-business-leaders/