Start-Up Readiness, Growth and Execution (SURGE): An Entrepreneurship Programme
India has seen a surge of entrepreneurial ventures and start-ups over the last decade. The opportunities that present themselves in technology, technology-enabled services, and in traditional businesses is enormous for the growing economy that is India. The Indian Government has understood this reality and given precedence to the start-up ecosystem by creating a platform called Startup India. India’s talented and educated youth have taken to this opportunity to create new ventures and organizations to ride the wave of success in the new growing India.
Success in an entrepreneurial venture is dependent on many factors – the business idea, understanding and tackling the regulatory environment, processes and procedures, and building and managing one’s organization through the heady, but tough, early phase of any organization. This programme has been designed keeping in mind these complexities of an entrepreneurial journey. The programme will be an entrepreneurship toolkit programme as a nine-month programme culminating in a campus visit where participants submit their business plans and the best of them will be reviewed by a panel of judges including at least one venture capitalist.
- To provide a mental toolkit and a competence sharpener for budding entrepreneurs;
- To familiarise entrepreneurs with the principles of general management as pertains to the start-up context;
- To facilitate a dialogue amongst existing entrepreneurs, working executives planning to plunge into entrepreneurship, practice-oriented academics, and investors.
Working professionals who are early career executives with an orientation towards entrepreneurship and with an interest in starting a new venture or scaling an existing small venture would find the programme particularly useful. Working professionals wishing to participate in the programme need to have a minimum experience of one year. Additionally, the programme would seek to reach out to specific under-served segments (Women entrepreneurs, late-career entrepreneurs, and non-metro entrepreneurs).
The duration of the programme is 9 months. The programme will be delivered once a week on Sundays 6.45 pm to 9:45 pm through online platform of Times.
In addition, there will be a 3-day visit at the end of the programme held at the IIM Calcutta campus. It will be mandatory for participants to attend the campus visit. The campus module will be conducted subject to the evolving pandemic situation.
Programme fee: 2,64,000/- + (applicable taxes)
The programme will be delivered through a mixture of the following methods:
- Guest sessions from practitioners
- Case discussions
- Capstone Project - Development of business-plan spread across the course duration
The programme will have SIX main modules as indicated below:
- Understanding the Entrepreneurial Journey
- Learning from other entrepreneurs’ experiences.
- Knowing Your Entrepreneurial Self.
- Crystalizing the Business Idea
- Creative Thinking and Opportunity Conceptualization.
- Identifying, recognizing and screening Opportunities.
- Developing a Business Plan.
- Crafting a Business Model.
- Essential Management Tools for Entrepreneurs
- Understanding the regulatory framework and law.
- Understanding Intellectual Property.
- Mastering Entrepreneurial Finance.
- Honing Marketing Skills.
- Operations for Entrepreneurs.
- Building Your Organization
- Startup organization design.
- Forming and building a team.
- Finances and funding.
- Managing Early Growth
- Understanding issues in scaling-up.
- Managing teams through growth.
- Managing finances.
- Navigating the Unexpected
- Managing change.
- Learnings from the field
- IIMCIP Workshop
- Presentation of select Capstone Projects (Business plans)
- At least graduation with minimum 50% marks
- Minimum 1 year of work experience and currently employed
- Screening & selection will be done by IIMC
For further details and for downloading the application forms please visit: https://timestsw.com/course/Leadership-and-strategy/iim-calcutta-surge-an-entrepreneurship-programme/