Executive Programme in Operations Management (EPOM)
Operations Management deals with management of resources in the production of goods and services. As a business strategy, operations management has been a key element in the improvement of productivity and quality, reducing costs and delivery times, and enhancing the value creation by firms. The competitiveness of the manufacturing and services has significantly contributed to the global economic growth.
In this course, we first review the processes and systems that affect the operations of firms. This is achieved through detailed analysis and description of different types of processes in production and service operations. Then, we discuss in detail the operational planning and control systems that enhance the competitiveness of firms. The objective of this course is to develop an understanding of the role of production and operations management in firms’ success.
The course equips managers and practitioners with the concept and practices of Operations Management in services and manufacturing sectors which will help develop an understanding of efficient and effective management of processes, resources and competencies. The programme has been designed to suit the requirements of managers involved in functional areas related to manufacturing, supply chain roles including design, procurement, production, logistics, sales and distribution, service delivery.
- This programme in operations management imparts knowledge in the form of process modeling and analysis for service and manufacturing operations.
- This programme brings in a unique capabilities of integrating design of operations strategy with tools in management sciences, information systems, cross-functional skills.
- One of the unique features of this programme is the project part where the participants are expected to apply some of the learnings in solving real world operations problems. This not only makes this course of practical utility to the participants but also the institute can leverage these diverse project reports into future case studies for MBA teaching with prior permissions to respect confidentiality agreements.
Working professionals with at least 3 years in operations role (manufacturing, design, procurement, production, logistics, sales and distribution, service delivery, programme and project management and strategic activities like network optimization, supply chain design, process technology management, innovation management, designing improvement programmes and product/process configuration) will find the programme both challenging and stimulating.
Minimum eligibility criteria is graduation (10+2+3 or equivalent) or Diploma holders (10+2+3) or Master’s Degree or equivalent in any discipline with 50% marks. Participants with less than 50% marks in graduation but 50% or more in post- graduation are also eligible.
This programme is specially designed for managers who plan to further their career in both service and manufacturing organizations.
The duration of the Programme is 12 months.
The sessions will be delivered through the TPL online platform and through face-to-face sessions at IIM Calcutta campus. The weekly class will be on Saturdays, 6:45 PM to 9:45 PM.
There will be one campus visit of 5 days which will be scheduled in mid or end of the programme. Dates will be announced well in advance. It is mandatory for participants to attend the campus visit for successful completion of the programme.
The campus visits will be conducted subject to the evolving pandemic situation and will depend on government and institute regulations, advisories and guidelines related to the pandemic.
Programme Fee: Rs. 3,25,000/- + (applicable taxes)
Campus fee: Rs. 40,000/-+ (applicable taxes)
Each course will be taught with the help of case studies, industry examples, and analytical tools.
- Introduction to Operations and Process Analysis
- Operations strategy framework – cost, quality, efficiency and strategic trade-offs
- Process view of operations
- Process design in manufacturing in service industries
- Managing operations and supply chain in post covid-19 world
- Inventory management
- Capacity planning
- Analytics and Management Sciences
- Demand forecasting
- Analytical tools to solve operations and supply chain problems
- Decision tree analysis
- Mathematical programming models
- Simulating processes in service and manufacturing
- Design of Lean Operations
- Introduction to Lean concepts in manufacturing and services
- Theory of constraints
- Lean in post covid-19 world
- Quality Management
- Measures & dimensions of quality
- Statistical process Control
- Quality analytics
- Supply Chain Design
- Strategic sourcing
- Supply chain innovations
- Distribution network design
- Supply chain strategy post covid-19
- Digital supply chains driven by blockchain, IoT, additive manufacturing
- Cross - functional areas of management
- Fundamentals of macroeconomics and its impact of supply chains
- Understanding and analyzing financial statements
- Linking operations with financial parameters
Participants are expected to take up projects in areas of operations management related to their companies.
Graduates (10+2+3 or equivalent) or Diploma holders (10+2+3) or Master’s degree or equivalent in any discipline with 50% marks, who would like to further their career in operations management.
Working experience of at least 3 years in managerial role. Participants with less than 50% marks in graduation but 50% or more in post- graduation are also eligible.
Participants would be selected on the basis of their overall profile.