Senior Management Programme in Business Analytics (SMPBA)
The myths, promises, and realities surrounding business analytics need to be confronted and addressed by the senior management teams of organisations in today’s volatile business landscape. As the conventional differentiators of competitive advantage start vanishing fast, use of data driven intelligence has started emerging as the game changer. Understanding the emerging nature of competition, planning a roadmap for enhancing competitive capability, and visualizing the future of analytics-oriented competition have become a necessity for senior management in organizations.
Data-smart firms are developing new models of decision-making that exploit overwhelming amounts of data to make smart products and services for consumers. The potential to create value by data aggregation and analysis is huge, and firms leveraging analytics are at a vantage point in their competitive landscape. Newer sets of capabilities are required to bring the value of the data gathered from all the frontline processes.
The Senior Management Programme in Business Analytics (SMPBA) is an intensive, 9-month, multi-modular, programme with in-class modules at IIM Calcutta and includes a global immersion module at the Cambridge Judge Business School Executive Education. This programme is targeted towards senior managers who appreciate how analytics could unleash value for the firm and its consumers.
- To pave ways for improving organizational readiness in using data analytics as a powerful mechanism for business model innovation
- To recognize and inculcate necessary capabilities comprising analytical tools and techniques with behavioral skills toward competitive advantage
This programme is targeted towards senior management – the segment not being adequately served by the existing bouquet of LDPs in the analytics / data science space.
The Programme combines strategic aspects of Business Analytics with relevant technology oriented operational aspects for actionable appreciation of analytics by senior management.
It would help spread data driven decision making capabilities of participants.
The duration of the programme is 09 months. This is a multi-modular programme with in-class modules at IIM Calcutta and includes a global immersion module at the Cambridge Judge Business School Executive Education. It includes 3 weeks at IIMC campus, 18 hours of direct to desktop and 4 days of international immersion.
Programme Fee (inclusive of Application Fee & CJBSEE Fee) : 830,000/-
Campus Visit charges for on campus stay: 1,20,000/-
The pedagogy will be highly interactive including Campus Immersion at IIM Calcutta, one global immersion module at Cambridge Judge Business School Executive Education and D2D modules. This is a blended programme which includes classroom lectures, D2D modules, real-life case studies, group discussions, simulations.
The business value of data analytics
- Analytics readiness of an organisation and building a data-driven decision making culture
- Building organisational capability for making use of analytics
- Appreciating the emerging nature of competition and the role of business analytics
Statistics for analytics
- The art of summarising data and statistical learning in decision-making
- Applied probability and decision-making under uncertainty
- Regression techniques and the art of capturing relationships among variables of interest
- Data sampling and the art of inferring about the population from samples
- RDBMS, unstructured data and other forms of data
- Data extraction and cleaning
- Dimensionality and outlier analysis
- Appreciation of analytical reasoning and empirical findings from data
- Challenges in data visualisation and data interpretation
- Interpretation of raw data
- Interpretation of statistical summary of data
- Identifying a business problem
- Creating a hypothesis to solve the business problem
- Defining parameters that validate the hypothesis
- Testing the hypothesis through analysis
- Interpreting the results of the analysis
- Business forecasting principles and issues
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in decision-making – the role of supervised learning
- Role of supervised and unsupervised learning in decision-making
- Time-series analysis based decision-making
- Combining human expertise with data-driven intelligence for decision-making
- Artificial neural network and deep learning in decision-making
- Learning through simulation and games
- Individual and group decision making issues
- Use of discrete optimisation concepts in decision-making
- Insights from game-theoretic situations, network externalities and network effect on the economy
- Information cascade effects in decision-making
Global perspectives of business analytics
- Business analytics case studies from Europe, North America, China, Japan, Asia
- GDPR and emerging data privacy laws and concerns across the globe
- Data security concerns and best practices across the globe
- Graduate with minimum 10 years of work experience and currently employed
- Minimum 50% in Graduation/Post Graduation
- Screening & selection will be done by IIMC
For further details and for downloading the application form please visit: https://iimc.eruditus.com/senior-management-programme-ba/index.php?utm_source=IIM-Website.