Strategic thinking and implementation skills are imperative for managers who are already in or are going to be in general management roles. This programme aims to develop an appreciation of the concepts of corporate strategy and the strategic issues facing an organization, thereby equipping participants with leadership skills to steer successful strategy formulation and implementation.
- Equip managers to navigate organizations through socio-political, technological and ecological disruptions
- Develop understanding of the economics underlying strategic choices
- Tooling managers to articulate and manage risks, uncertainties and vulnerabilities
- Develop skills and tools of strategic communication
- Develop leadership sensibilities
- Develop the ability to distinguish between the need to compete or to collaborate
Who Should Attend
- Senior Level Managers
- Graduate (10+2+3) /Diploma (10+2+3) / Post-Graduate in any discipline with min. 50% aggregate marks recognized by UGC/AICTE.
- Minimum 10+ years of work experience (full-time paid employment) post completing graduation as on the Programme Start date, i.e., Technical Orientation date.
- The candidate should be working professionals/entrepreneurs.
- SOP mandatory
- Screening & selection will be done by IIM Calcutta.
Programme Duration and Delivery
The duration of the programme is one year and will be delivered through an online platform once in a week (Saturday from 3:30 - 6:30 PM)
Campus – 2 campus visits of 6 days and 4 days each will be conducted. The campus modules will be conducted subject to the pandemic situation.
- Module 1: Business Economics and Global Economy
- Fundamentals of Macroeconomics
- Current Contours of the Indian and Global economy
- Markets, Prices, and Profit Maximization
- Module 2: Creating Agile and Resilient Organizations
- Supply Chain Design
- Capacity Planning and Resource Optimization
- Efficiency versus Resilience Trade-offs in supply chains
- Business Simulation related to supply and demand management
- Module 3: Creating and Measuring Value
- Marketing Environment Analysis
- Pricing and Branding Strategies
- Product Innovation
- Crafting and Implementing Marketing Strategy
- Linking managerial action and shareholder interests
- Module 4: Creating Strategic Advantage
- Corporate strategy
- Business Model Innovation
- Developing competitive advantage
- Managing Transformation in organizations
- Module 5: Leadership and Change Management
- Negotiation Skills
- Managing Group processes
- Effective Team Building
- Communication strategy for leadership roles
- Module 6: Driving Digital Transformation
- Envisioning Digital Strategies
- Strategic aspects of Business Analytics and Data Driven Decision Making
- Impact of advanced Technologies – Industrial IoT, Blockchains, Additive Manufacturing and Platforms
- Module 7: Digital Platform Ecosystems
- Platform Business Models
- Developing competitive strategies with digital platforms
- Understanding the scope and limitations of networks and ecosystems
- Transforming products/services into platforms to compete with digital marketplaces
- Module 8: Regulatory & Legal Environment
- International Business Environment
- Principles of Trade Liberalization
- General Principles of Law of Contract
- Regulatory framework of Joint Ventures and Corporate Restructuring
- Module 9: Corporate Financial Strategies
- Designing Financial Control Systems
- Financial Structures and Relationships
- Financial restructuring, Mergers & Acquisitions
Project Component: Projects must be carried out individually. Participants will take up a real-life management problem of their interest.
Programme Sample Certificate
- LDP participants who complete the programme successfully become the Alumni of IIMC Executive Education, which currently has around 27,000 members.
- LDP Alumni are given an email-id in the IIM Calcutta domain.
- LDP Alumni can register in the IIM Calcutta Alumni portal either with this email-id or with their personal email-ids. The IIM Calcutta Alumni portal is a common platform for Alumni of all programmes of the Institute to interact with each other and stay connected with the Institute.
- The Institute shares newsletters, important news and articles about the Institute and its activities, the achievements of the Institute's faculty, staff, students and alumni, upcoming events and programmes etc., on the portal.
- Alumni can post their achievements, write about jobs or LIVE project opportunities for other alumni to see.
- The IIM Calcutta alumni network can also be accessed on mobile phones through the mobile app.
- Executive Education Alumni are entitled to a discount of 5% on the programme fee if they opt to do another LDP.
- By using the different features of the IIM Calcutta portal, alumni across programmes can engage with each other in many meaningful ways. It is up to the alumni themselves to leverage the platform
How to Apply
Email ID: enquiry.india[at]Emeritus[dot]org
Contact us: WhatsApp number - +91 74120 81081
Inbound/IVR number- +918277998590