+91-33-24678300-06 (Ext. 2054)
email@example.com (Please note that I am unable to accept internship requests.)
I hail from Dalsingsarai (Samastipur district), Bihar. Since 1996, however, I have lived and worked in various other parts of India.
1. Fellow of Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (equivalent to Ph.D.) 2. Post Graduate Diploma in Forestry Management (equivalent to Masters Degree), Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM), Bhopal
Organizational Behavior - I; Business Research Methods; Human Behavior at Work; Designing Effective Organizations, Interpersonal Skills & Leadership, Concept Specification & Measurement in Organizational Behavior (PhD Level Course)
1. Chaudhary-Padmanabhan-Pant award for the best thesis proposal at I.I.M. Ahmedabad (2005) 2. IFCI thesis proposal award at I.I.M. Ahmedabad (2005)
1. Assistant Professor (HR & Business Communication Area) with IMT Ghaziabad 2. Team Member; Hewitt Associates (India) Pvt. Ltd. 3. Program Officer, Society for the Promotion of Wastelands Development (SPWD)
* Talent Management & Development at Denso (India) * Organizational Culture Study of a Police Department * Foreign-Nurtured Talent in India
• Kumar, R. (2021). Impact of Societal Culture on Covid-19 Morbidity and Mortality across Countries. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology. https://doi.org/10.1177/00220221211025100 • Kumar, R., Sarkar, S., & Dhiman, A. (2019). Determinants of managerial compensation: an empirical exploration. IIMB Management Review (Forthcoming). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.iimb.2019.03.008 • Kumar, R, & Chhokar, J. (2018). Self-initiated expatriates in the local organizations of developing countries. Management Decision (Forthcoming). https://doi.org/10.1108/MD-04-2017-0432 • Gupta, M. A., Kumar, R., & Upadhyayula, R. (2012). Success of a merger or acquisition: a consideration of influencing factors. International Journal of Management Practice, 5 (3): 270-286. • Kumar R., & Vakkayil, J. D. (2011). Some issues in compensation management: two case studies for teaching. Organization Management Journal, 8: 152-165 • Gupta, M. A., & Kumar R. (2010). Look who's talking! Impact of communication relationship satisfaction on justice perceptions. Vikalpa, 35 (3): 55-65
* Kumar, R. 2017. Self & Autoethnography in Organizational Behavior Research. Paper presented at the Sydney International Business Research Conference 2017, Australia * Kumar, R. 2016. Organizational Citizenship Behaviors at Lower Echelons: A Qualitative Study. Paper presented at the Sixth Asian Conference on Psychology & the Behavioral Sciences 2016, Japan. * Kumar, R. 2016. Meanings of Organizational Citizenship Behavior: Insights from Mixed-Methods Research. Paper presented at the International Conference on Business, Economics, and Social Science & Humanities 2016, Singapore. * Kumar R. 2013. Nature of employees’ tacit knowledge: a qualitative inquiry. Paper presented at the Asian Conference on Psychology and Behavioral Sciences, Japan. * Kumar R. & Chhokar, J. S. 2009. Foreign Nurtured Talent in Indian Business Houses. Paper presented at the 10th International Human Resource Management Conference, USA. * Upadhyayula, R. S. & Kumar, R. 2004. Social capital as an antecedent of absorptive capacity of firms. Paper presented at the Danish Research Unit for Industrial Dynamics Summer Conference, Denmark. * Kumar, R. 2006. Specification and typology of social capital. Paper presented at the Ph.D. Students’ conference of Institute of Management, Nirma University, Ahmedabad.
• Kumar, R. & Jha, V. 2018. Not an isolated approach. Indian Management. December 2018. 44-47 • Kumar, R. 2007. Measuring organizational culture and change. NHRD Journal. November 2007: 70-73. • Kumar, R. 2001. Village information centre and bio-village. Wastelands News. xvi, 3: 53-55 • Kumar, R. & Gupta, R. K. 2000. Innovation through participation: A case study. LEISA India, July: 29-30.
• Kumar, R. 2017. Knowledge of organizational behavior and consultancy projects. In J. Murphy & N. Jammulamadaka (Eds.), Governance, Resistance and the Post-Colonial State Management and State Building (pp. 68-82). Routledge, Oxon • Kumar, R., & Jha, V. 2017. Traits of leaders and active listening: a theory. In B. Christiansen & H. C. Chandan (Eds.), Handbook of Research on Organizational Culture and Diversity in the Modern Workforce. (pp. 364-381). IGI Global, Pennsylvania. • Kumar R., & Chhokar, J. S. 2012. Cross-cultural leadership. In M. Rumsey (Ed.), The Oxford Handbook of Leadership. Oxford University Press, NY. • Kumar, R., Goel, A., & Jha, V. 2011. Medium matters: experiences of teaching online in india. In C. Wankel & J. S. Law (Eds.), Streaming Media Delivery in Higher Education: Methods and Outcomes (pp. 387-403). IGI Global, Pennsylvania. • Kumar, R., Goel, A., & Jha, V. 2011. Online Business Education in India: A Case Study. In C. Wankel & J. S. Law (Eds.), Streaming Media Delivery in Higher Education: Methods and Outcomes (pp. 404-420). IGI Global, Pennsylvania. • Vakkayil, J.D.V. & Kumar, R. 2011. Conflict Management and Negotiation. In P. S. Budhwar & A. Varma (Eds.), Doing Business in India (pp. 183-198). Routledge, UK • Kumar, R. 2005. Role of efficacy in organization development. In Harismita Trivedi (Ed.), Achieving Competitive Advantage through People. Institute of Management, Nirma University, Ahmedabad. • Kumar, R. 2001. Natural resources-based rural development: Some criteria and indicators of sustainability. In Anil K. Gupta (Ed.) Criteria and Indicators of Sustainability in Rural Development: A Natural Resource Perspective (pp. 351-362). Oxford & IBH Publishers, New Delhi
I am interested in a variety of areas related to OB.