2. Religion and legitimization of hijra (trans*) identity in Maharasthra, India held on February 14, 2019
Speaker : Prof. Sibaji Bandyopadhyay – Speaker Professor BoisvertMathieu, Université du Québec à Montréal
3. “Almost beautiful in the purity of whiteness”: decimating the everyday corpses in Bombay City: 1887 – 1953 – held on January 08, 2019
Speaker : Speaker : Ms. Sohini Chattopadhyay, a doctoral student in the department of History at Columbia University
4. The Mahābhārata: The Book of Books held on November 05, 2018
Speaker : Prof. Sibaji Bandyopadhyay – Former Prof. of Comparative Literature, Jadavpur University.
5. Why Should One take Rights Seriously? held on August 30, 2018
Speaker : Prof. Gopal Guru – Editor, Economic & Political Weekly Journal
6. 'The Political Foundations of Modern India' held on January 13, 2016.
Speaker : Dr. Ananya Vajpeyi, Fellow – Carnegie Council on Ethics in International Affairs/CSDS, Delhi
7. 'Values of Financial Inclusion and the Bandhan Experience' held on December 18, 2015.
Speaker : Mr. C.S. Ghosh, Chairman and MD of Bandhan Bank
8. 'Non-rational Processes in Leadership…and Life' held on November 30, 2015.
Speaker : Dr. Sudhir Kakar, Psychoanalyst and Writer
9. ‘Exploring values : Interdisciplinary perspectives’ held on March 13, 2015. The seminar has lead to a special issue of the Journal of Human Values published by Sage. Co-convenors of the seminar, and guest editors for the special issue of Journal of Human Values are Prof Manish Thakur, IIM Calcutta and Prof Dev. N. Pathak, South Asian University, New Delhi
10. ‘Operationalising Gross National Happiness in Bhutan: Implementation of a multidimensional approach to development’ held on February 09, 2015.
Speaker : Prof. Jit Tshering, Head of the Department of Research and Consultancy, Royal Institute of Management, Thimphu
11. ‘Good numbers and scientific temper for good democracy’ held on Jaunary 09, 2015.
Speaker: Mr. Karthik Shashidhar, freelance management consultant Columnist for Mint, Resident Quant at the Takshashila Institution for Policy and Research, Bangalore.
12. ‘The challenge of negotiating modernity in India’ held on December 09, 2014.
Speaker : Prof Ramnath Narayanswamy, Economics and Social Science Area, IIM Bangalore
1. Workshop on Spatial Justice and Stewardship : Theoretical Dialogues among schools of thought held during March 20-22, 2019
at Institut Français de Pondichéry, India Co-Hosts: Institut Français de Pondichéry & MCHV, IIM Calcutta
2. BEING (MORE) HUMAN IN A DIGITISED WORLD Co-Hosted by Management Centre for Human Values, IIM Calcutta (MCHV) and Association for Information Systems – India Chapter (INAIS) held during February 1 and 2, 2019
Coordinated by : Prof. Priya Seetharaman, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta and Prof. Saji K Mathew, Indian Institute of Technology Madras
3. Workshop on Film Appreciation held on February 25, 2018.
Coordinated by : Prof. Moinak Biswas, IIM Calcutta and Patturaja Selvaraj, IIM Indore
4. “Workers and Margins : Understanding Erasures & Margins” held on March 24, 2017.
Coordinated by : Prof. Nimruji Prasad, IIM Calcutta and Patturaja Selvaraj, IIM Indore
5. 'Yogasutra and the strengthened self' held on November 29, 2015.
Coordinated by : Dr. Yashoda Thakore
6. ‘Using Documentary Films in the classroom’ held on March 20, 2015.
Coordinated by : Dr. Jessie Curell, Team Leader and Education Specialist for the National Film Board of Canada.
1. International Colloquium on 'Localising Global Values' (jointly with the Commonwealth Local Government Forum) held during January 28 – 29, 2016