Executive Programme in Healthcare Management (EPHM)
The Executive Programme in Healthcare Management from the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta offers a cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary education for healthcare professionals. The programme will give participants a rigorous and comprehensive exposure to healthcare management, engaging with developments and debates in global health, Indian healthcare industry, public health perspectives, and health systems management. All modules will draw on IIM Calcutta’s core strengths in managerial competencies in the domains of leadership, organizational design, strategy, marketing, managerial communication, operations management, economics, human resources management, finance and accounting, and information systems. Each course will be designed to meet the needs of future managers, analysts, entrepreneurs, and leaders in a range of organizations in the healthcare sector, including hospitals, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, public health organizations and healthcare consultants. Programme participants will get an opportunity to interact with healthcare industry experts through guest lectures.
The objectives of the EPHM include –
- Developing an interdisciplinary orientation towards management of healthcare
- Delivering a customized management education to healthcare professionals
- Training the participants in managerial leadership
- Familiarizing participants with innovation and entrepreneurship in the Indian healthcare sector
- Sensitizing participants to the macro policy context, both global and national.
- Inculcating comparative frameworks in understanding of healthcare challenges in developing countries
Healthcare professionals in general, and specifically, hospital administrators, doctors, professionals from medical and allied sectors such as pharmaceuticals and medical insurance as well as healthcare entrepreneurs.
The duration of the programme is one year.
Classes will be held on Sundays 9 am to 12 noon.
Some additional sessions will be scheduled on select Saturdays and holidays, as required and as decided by IIMC, with prior intimation
There will be two campus visits. The programme shall include 10 days of campus visit, 5 days at mid and 5 days at the end of the programme. The campus visits will be conducted subject to the evolving pandemic situation and will depend on government and institute regulations, advisories and guidelines related to the pandemic.
Programme Fee: 4,20,000/- + (applicable taxes)
Campus Fee: 80,000/- + (applicable taxes)
The Programme will be highly experiential and interactive, comprising participant presentations and discussions, case studies, classroom lectures and presentations by experts.
The program is designed around three core axes:
Healthcare context (Domestic and Global):
- Healthcare systems in different countries
- Regulatory and ethical issues specific to the healthcare sector
- Public policies in healthcare
- Contemporary conversations (disaster and epidemic management, mental health, wellness services etc.)
- Health economics
- Health analytics
- Entrepreneurship in the healthcare sector
- Harnessing technology in healthcare sector (telemedicine and e-health, artificial intelligence)
- Designing effective health systems (design thinking, operational aspects of hospital planning and structure, quality and accreditation)
- Marketing strategies
- Strategic organization (organization design and change, strategic management)
- Managing people (conflict and negotiations, human resources management, leadership)
- Operational Excellence (operational planning and control systems, optimization, supply chain management)
- Financial statement analysis and financial management
- This component engages participants in teams on projects that are of their specific interest. This project complements classroom sessions and allows participants to draw on multiple tools and concepts learned across modules.
In addition, there will be sessions to strengthen individual competencies like communication and basic statistical skills.
- Medical practitioners and administrators with MBBS/BDS/BAMS degree or equivalent recognized by UGC/AICTE/MCI or equivalent. Students with biotechnology and biomedical background (bachelor’s degree or above) are also eligible to apply. Applicants should have minimum three years of experience in healthcare sector as on application closure date.
- Applicants from other disciplinary backgrounds shall also be eligible, provided they have minimum five years of experience in healthcare sector as on application closure date.
- All Applicants need to have minimum 50% marks [aggregate - considering results of all years] in graduation / post-graduation.