Executive Programme in Human Resource Management (EPHRM)
This programme aims to cover the canvas of HRM at both macro and micro level to equip the line managers dealing with human resources and human resource managers with contemporary knowledge and practices informed by valid findings from research. It intends to cover both basic and strategic HRM issues. The programme tries to address important issues of acquisition, retention, and management of talent and knowledge. The programme covers the important techniques of competency mapping, assessment centers design, job evaluation, strategic fit analysis and so on.
There is an increasing appreciation of the role of human resources in the success of organizations across the entire industry spectrum. There is a need felt by both line managers and HR experts to understand and respond to HRM challenges at the “organizational” and “employee” level of analysis. Further, the policies and processes have to be identified after understanding the organizational context. Given that the context itself might be changing fast and becoming uncertain, it is imperative for organizations to develop nimble and flexible systems. This programme aims to cover the canvas of HRM at both macro and micro level to equip the line managers dealing with human resources and human resource managers with contemporary knowledge and practices informed by valid findings from research. It intends to cover both basic and strategic HRM issues.
The programme covers important aspects of behavioral science again focusing on behavior of both entities- employee and organization. At micro level the programme includes discussion on personality and attitudes, perceptions, values; motivation; group behavior; leadership issues and so on. At macro level the discussion includes issues of organization design, structure, culture, technology and so forth.
The narrative of “customer” has become increasingly predominant in the organizational discourse. This programme takes a very conscious and deliberate customer perspective- internal and external, in discussing the issues mentioned above. It takes the customer oriented view about managing human resources in manufacturing, services, and sales organizations. Because of the centrality of customer in services, the course has large service industry component. Even within, the organizations have tried to develop service culture with the concept of internal customer. And then organizations are managing talent by viewing their employees and prospective talent as customers. The programme tries to address important issues of acquisition, retention, and management of talent and knowledge. The programme covers the important techniques of competency mapping, assessment centers design, job evaluation, strategic fit analysis and so on. It also deals with specific issues of representative industries like healthcare, IT/outsourcing, financial services/professional services, sales, and manufacturing.
Learning Outcome: The programme intends to enhance participants’ understanding of:
- Human Resource Management policies and practices of acquisition, compensation, rewarding, and performance appraisal supporting the customer oriented strategies.
- Differences and complementariness in Product Manufacturing, Sales and Service work and their HRM systems.
- Developing a customer oriented service culture.
- Understanding of Personality dimensions, motivation, leadership and so on at micro level and organization design, structure, culture and so on at macro level,
- Managing Knowledge, employee engagement, and talent management.
- Strategic Human Resource Management issues of “best practices”, “fit”, and “flexibility”.
- Strategic Human Resource Management issues in representative industries: IT/Business Process Outsourcing, Healthcare, financial service/professional services, Sales, and Manufacturing.
Executives looking forward to making a career in HRM or assuming senior management roles in line functions or HRM.
Duration is of 1 year. This is a part-time programme delivered primarily through satellite-based distance learning technology and partly through in-campus classroom interaction.The sessions will be delivered through online platform once in a week (Saturday 6.45 PM to 9.45 PM).
Campus – 1 campus visit of 4 days
Programme Fee: Rs.3,17,000/- + (applicable taxes)
The pedagogy will be highly interactive. It will leverage the use of technology. It will consist of a judicious blend of lectures, real life case studies, quizzes and assignments.
- Applicants should be working professionals/self-employed.
- Graduates (10+2+3) in any discipline with min. 50% marks [aggregate- considering results of all years (e.g. 3 or 4 together)] recognized by UGC/AICTE.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience
For further details and for downloading the application form please visit https://iimc.emeritus.org/iimc-executive-programme-in-human-resource-management/index.php?utm_source=Web&utm_campaign=IIMC-Web