Executive Programme in Strategic Human Resource Management (EPSHRM)
Creating sustainable value through people is of strategic importance for most organizations. Contemporary pressures such as globalization, rapid changes in technology and social norms, and increasing emphasis on corporate social responsibility make it imperative to take a strategic perspective on human resource management issues, beyond the traditional administrative way of managing people. Most employers now recognize employees as a source of sustainable competitive advantage. This program while recapitulating participants’ knowledge of the HRM domain at an operational level, seeks to build on it to develop a strategic perspective. The program aims to equip middle and top level managers, both line managers and HR managers, with knowledge and skills to make human resource management decisions to build and sustain competitive advantage.
The program begins with a brief overview of basics of HRM, employee/ industrial relations, leadership and talent management, organizational culture, followed by an overview of basics of strategy, both business and corporate strategy, and then on the link between strategy and HRM. The program also covers general management topics that are relevant for SHRM, along with contemporary issues such as international HRM, managing platform economy workers, evolving issues in employee/ industrial relations, HR analytics and millennial workers.
After completing this programme, the participants should be better managers and be able to
- Distinguish between strategic and operational HRM
- Understand business strategy and corporate strategy
- Understand the relationship between Strategic HRM, and business and corporate strategy
- Understand the integration of HRM with marketing, finance, and operations
- Understand the contemporary developments and challenges in HRM and Employee/Industrial Relations
Middle and top level managers with at least seven years of work / industry experience. HRM background is not necessary.
The duration of the programme is one year.
The sessions will be delivered through online platform for all modules once in a week (Sunday 12.15 pm – 15.15 pm). Only for Module 7 the session will be conducted twice a week and examinations to be conducted on a day other than the class day.
Campus – One campus visit of five days.
Domestic Programme fee: 3,50,000/- + (applicable taxes)
Campus fee: 40,000/- + (applicable taxes)
Online lectures, case method, on campus experiential, self -assessment
- (Part A): Operational HRM – Link to SHRM
- (Part B): Consultative role of HR Managers
Module 2: Leadership and Talent Management at Work Place
Module 3: Formal and Informal Organization
Module 4: Understanding Strategic Management
Module 5: Business Strategies and SHRM
Module 6: Corporate Strategies and HRM and International HRM
Module 7: General Management Module
Module 8: Integration and Contemporary Issues in HRM
- Graduation (10+2+3/10+2+4/10+2+2 /11+1+3) from a recognized university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU)
- Candidates with minimum three years Diploma after class XIIth from recognized institutions like AICTE etc./state govt. bodies are also eligible for the program
- Candidates should have 50% or higher in graduation to be eligible. Marks for all (3 or 4) years to be included for calculating graduation percentage.
- Those candidates who have less than 50% marks in graduation but have more than 50% marks in Post-Graduation (from a recognized university) are also eligible for the program.
- Candidates should be working at the time of filling up the application form
- Candidates should have a minimum of seven (7) years of full-time paid experience at the time of application. This should be after the graduation degree / Qualifying degree is complete.
For further details and for downloading the application form please visit https://timestsw.com/course/iim-calcutta-executive-programme-in-strategic-human-resource-management/