Financial Research and Trading Laboratory (in short, Finance Lab) of Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM C) will conduct a 2 day Financial Research Workshop during November 7-8 of 2014.
In 2011, the Finance Lab at IIMC received a substantial amount of financial support from the Ministry of Finance, Government of India to conduct research in finance. This workshop is one of the many initiatives that is being started to support and encourage high quality research in finance by IIMC. The workshop will bring together reputed academics from all over the world and provide a venue to present and discuss research in various areas of finance. The workshop is a vehicle for presentation of work in progress. The same event took place during 16-17 November, 2012.
Those attending the workshop will get an opportunity to disseminate their scholarly work and interact with the eminent scholars and the brightest minds in the field. The paper presenters will also have the opportunity to interact with the editors/associate editors of reputed journals in finance.
Academics, including faculty, research scholars, and doctoral students, can benefit from attending this conference.
Six unpublished research papers that relate to contemporary issues in the broad areas of corporate finance, financial markets and corporate governance will be accepted for presentation at this workshop. Only full paper submissions will be accepted. All submissions will be subject to rigorous review process and will be assigned a discussant. Complete papers (no abstracts) sent by 31 July 2014 will be reviewed for presentation. All submissions (in PDF or word format) should be sent to email@example.com
Paper presenters will receive travel support of up to USD 1500 (or equivalent) plus board and lodging at IIM Calcutta. Discussants will get domestic economy class airfare of up to INR 25,000/- plus board and lodging at IIM Calcutta
About the Finance Lab:
It is state-of-the-art laboratory in the country created with the purpose of supporting advanced applied research in financial markets and equipping finance managers with the mathematical and conceptual theories and best practices in financial markets that go into the creation and management of innovative financial products. It is endowed with the following resources:
- Databases like CRSP, Compustat, ExecuComp, WRDS, Prime Database, Bankscope database, ACE Equity database
- Data feeds like Bloomberg, T1.com (Thomson Reuters)
- NEST - Trading exchange simulator with data feed from five markets NSE- Cash and F&O, BSECash, NCDEX, MCX
- To know more about the Finance Lab: http://financelab.iimcal.ac.in/
- Advisory board of the Finance Lab:
- Avanidhar Subrahmanyam, Goldyne and Irwin Hearsh Chair in Finance, The Anderson School, UCLA, Los Angeles
- David Yermack, Professor of Finance, Stern School of Business, New York University
- Gautam Mitra, Professor Emeritus, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Brunel University
- Henri Servaes, Professor of Finance, London Business School
- M. Suresh Sundaresan, Chase Manhattan Bank Professor of Economics and Finance, Columbia University
- Ross Watts, Erwin H. Schell Professor of Management and Accounting, MIT Sloan School of Management, Cambridge, Massachusetts
To know more about the Institute: https://iimcal.ac.in/
Those who wish to attend the workshop will be required to pay INR 1000 (Indian Participants) or USD 50 (Overseas Participants).
Accommodation may be provided at concessional rate, subject to availability.
Registration is now closed as all the seats have been taken.