Advanced Programme for Marketing Professionals (APMP)
The programme is targeted at the middle to senior level executives in sales and marketing function looking for cutting edge knowledge on both strategic and tactical issues concerning sales and marketing functions in the business in order to prepare them to take higher responsibilities. The programme aims at augmenting professional capabilities of mid-career professionals in sales and marketing functions by imparting knowledge about market planning issues, challenges and complexities arising out of interrelationship of marketing mix elements and appreciates the organizational context of sales and marketing decision making.
The Advanced programme for Marketing Professionals (APMP) of IIMC is a distance education certificate programme.
The sales and marketing function at any organization forms the back bone of the business. A proper and scientific approach to sales and marketing function can not only make the business viable and efficient but also makes the business reasonably immune to sudden and inevitable environmental changes. The one year course is developed with the clear focus of sales and marketing for big corporate, small and medium enterprises and also for entrepreneurs.
The programme aims at helping participants in the following ways:
- To learn cutting edge knowledge about sales and marketing theory and practice
- To develop knowledge and competence for effective market planning and execution
- To learn and appreciate challenges of complexities posted by the interrelationship of various market mix elements (e.g. Product, price, promotion) and ways and means of building effective response
- Appreciate the organizational context of marketing decision making and issues thereof
- Groom themselves for higher roles in sales and marketing function.
The programme is broadly divided into two courses – the Foundation Course and the Advanced Course
Programme is targeted at middle to senior level executives in sales and marketing function from both product and service marketing organizations. The pedagogy will primarily be participant centric (case-based) with special emphasis on experiential learning. Participants looking for cutting-edge knowledge on both strategic and tactical issues in sales and marketing of products and services (including consumer and institutional markets) may apply for the programme.
Working professionals with a minimum of five years of work-experience and who are interested in pursuing a career in the area of sales and marketing will find the course interesting and stimulating. Specifically, executives working in sales/marketing/operations/customer relations/marketing analytics will find the course useful to increase their productivity and growth.
The programme will be delivered through online platform once in a week (Saturday 9.00 am -12.00 pm).
Campus –1 campus visits of 5 days.
The campus visits will be conducted subject to the evolving pandemic situation and will depend on government and institute regulations, advisories and guidelines related to the pandemic.
Domestic Programme Fee: 3,00,000/- + (applicable taxes)
Campus Fee: 40,000/- + (applicable taxes)
Each course will be taught with the help of case studies, live corporate examples and general discussions. In order to provide greater industry insights, practitioners would also be invited to share their experiences.
The programme will comprise the following modules:
- Marketing Management Fundamentals
- Marketing Research Fundamentals
- Financial Acumen for Sales and Marketing
- Organizational and People Issues in Marketing
- Negotiation Skills for Marketing and Sales
- Consumer Behavior
- Managing Products, Services and Brands
- B2B Marketing
- Sales and Distribution Management
- Integrated Marketing Communications & Digital and Social Media Marketing
- Marketing Analytics
- Strategic Aspects of Marketing
- Emerging Issues in Marketing
- Graduation (10+2+3/10+2+4/10+2+2 /11+1+3) from a recognized university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU)
- Candidates with minimum three years Diploma after class XIIth from recognized institutions like AICTE etc./state govt. bodies are also eligible for the program
- Candidates should have 50% or higher in graduation to be eligible. Marks for all (3 or 4) years to be included for calculating graduation percentage.
- Those candidates who have less than 50% marks in graduation but have more than 50% marks in Post-Graduation (from a recognized university) are also eligible for the program.
Candidates should be working at the time of filling up the application form.
Candidates should have a minimum of five (05) years of full-time paid experience at the time of application. This should be after the graduation degree / qualifying degree is complete.
For further details and for downloading the application forms please visit