Executive Programme in Business and Corporate Laws (EPBCL)
EPBCL intends to provide the participants a comprehensive understanding on the legal environment in which the business, both national and international, operates. The programme shall address the different facets of business and its operation including but not limited to setting-up of business operations, raising capital - public offers, private placement, liability, transactions in the field of JV, M&A, external commercial borrowings, private equity / venture capital investments, capital and forex market regulations, strategic management of IPRs etc. In addition, managing transnational business operations has become the mandate of today’s managers, which would involve understanding and dealing with risks in foreign investments, global trade in goods and services, international dispute resolution, and major foreign laws having implications on international business transactions. Having a reasonable understanding of the regulatory framework will help the manager/executive in designing the strategies and counter strategies for competitive advantage.
More specifically, the Programme shall cover:
- Understanding the normative and constraining aspects of the law
- Regulations and regulatory processes involved in setting up and operating a business.
- Legal framework dealing with protection of Intellectual Property rights i.e. patent, copyrights, trademarks, industrial designs, business, trade secrets etc
- Managing the international legal environment – Investment protection, trade in goods and services, trade remedies
Professionals with minimum 2 years of work experience.
The duration of the programme is for six months.
The sessions will be delivered through online platform once a week for 3 hours.
Classes will be conducted twice a week in some weeks only.
Class Days: Sundays (10.30 AM to 1.30 PM) and select Fridays (6.30 PM to 9.30 PM)
Campus – One campus visit of 3 days towards the end of the programme. The campus module will be conducted subject to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic situation and will depend on Government and Institute policies related to the same.
Programme Fee: 2,00,000/- + (applicable taxes)
Campus Visit Fee: 24,000/- + (applicable taxes)
A balanced mix of lectures, case studies, live -corporate examples and general discussions.
- Advanced Corporate Law -I (Corporate Governance, M&A and Corporate Restructuring, Joint Ventures)
- Advanced Corporate Law -II (Fund raising – public offers, private placements, , Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACs), FEMA/foreign investment regulations, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code
- Dispute Resolution (National and International)
- International Trade and Investment Law
- Protection of IPRs
- Legal framework dealing with competition and consumer protection
In addition there will be a group project.
- Working managers with an experience profile of two years or more, who are at least graduates (10+2+3) in any discipline with 50% marks.
- Participants would be shortlisted on the basis assessment of background and motivation based on the application form submitted.