Post Graduate Certificate in Family Business Management (PGCFBM)
The business environment in India is rapidly changing. It is far more dynamic today than ever before. Family managed businesses must adapt to professional way of managing their businesses to remain afloat in today’s dynamic environment. This programme is therefore developed to educate and enable the owners / top-management of the Family Businesses in India to understand and learn how to tackle the challenges faced by them and continue to contribute to the national economy in a bigger way. The programme should enable them to explore how to scan the environment and identify / encash the opportunities available to them to grow either in the same field or in new vistas; will expose them to the theory related to the functional aspects of the business, developing strategies and the importance of professional management.
After completing this programme, the participants should be able to
- Develop an understanding of the role of an entrepreneur/innovator,
- Appreciate the functional aspects of their businesses,
- Develop a strategy to take their business ahead in the competition, and
- Understand how to take their business global.
- The owners / scions of Family Managed Businesses
- Senior Managers who report to the owners of Family Managed Businesses
The duration of the Programme is 1 year.
The programme will be delivered through the D2D platform once a Week (Sunday- 3:30 pm – 06:30 pm).
There will be one campus visit of 5 days towards the end of the programme.
The campus module will be conducted subject to the evolving pandemic situation and will depend on Government and Institute policies related to the same.
Programme Fee: Rs. 4,00,000 + (Applicable taxes)
- Interactive discussion
- Case Studies
- Functional Areas of Business
- Understanding Macroeconomic Business Environment for Family Managed Businesses
- Dynamics of Family Managed Businesses
- Business Financing & Valuation and Venture Capital Funding
- Understanding Entrepreneurship
- Design Thinking & Innovation
- Taking One’s Business Global
- Graduation in any Discipline
- Must be an Owner /scion of the Family Business
- Member of the top-management (that is, reporting to the owner) of the Family-managed Business with a minimum of 10 years of experience