The heady opportunities available in a high growth economy amidst global technological disruption encourage business leaders to craft and execute business strategies for sustained growth. Growth, however, poses several challenges and successful management of growth strategies require careful crafting by managers. Rapid growth often introduces novel complexities in organizations. New forms and modes of coordination of work, processes and practices are needed to be designed and managed. This programme is aimed at addressing such concerns so that managers can make more deliberated choices around options of growth.
The inputs in this programme have been designed with a strategy eye, and a ‘general management’ focus. It will deal explicitly with issues of power, control and governance, including designing of such systems as to enable the realization of desired control. Managing and designing the internal systems and environment of the organization as well as designing inter-organizational cooperation and coordination arrangements will be major focus areas of the programme. Managing growth is not only an economic question of organizational financial performance, but extends far beyond into managing identities, aspirations, expectations of various stakeholders around an organization.
- Developing a strategic perspective on aspiring for and executing organizational growth
- Understanding strategic dimensions of growth – especially appreciating differences between conflicts, contests and cooperation underlying growth processes
- Learning to design organizations that are resilient to complexities induced by growth processes
- Appreciating various forms of inter-organizational cooperation underlying rapid growth processes
- Appreciating the softer dimensions of growth – managing identities and aspirations
Who Should Attend
Senior and middle level managers and profit centre heads would find the programme particularly useful. Working professionals wishing to participate in the programme need to have a minimum experience of 10 years. Managers with longer and broader experience would benefit more from the programme.
Programme Duration and Delivery
The duration of the programme is 1 year.
The programme will be delivered through online classes once a week (Saturday 6:45 PM – 9:45 PM). In addition, there will be two campus visits of 4 and 3 days each; one visit in the 1st quarter of the programme and the second towards the end of the programme SUBJECT TO GOVT RULES and INSTITUTE RULES on the pandemic.
Programme ContentThe heady opportunities available in a high growth economy amidst global technological disruption encourage business leaders to craft and execute business strategies for sustained growth. Growth, however, poses several challenges and successful management of growth strategies require careful crafting by managers
Working executives who are graduates (10+2+3 or equivalent)/post-graduates in any discipline with minimum 50% marks, with an experience profile of at least 10 years after graduation are eligible.
Eligible candidates will be selected on the basis of assessment of educational and professional background and motivation based on the application form submitted. Senior applicants with experience would be preferred.
Programme Sample Certificate
- LDP participants who complete the programme successfully become the Alumni of IIMC Executive Education, which currently has around 27,000 members.
- LDP Alumni are given an email-id in the IIM Calcutta domain.
- LDP Alumni can register in the IIM Calcutta Alumni portal either with this email-id or with their personal email-ids. The IIM Calcutta Alumni portal is a common platform for Alumni of all programmes of the Institute to interact with each other and stay connected with the Institute.
- The Institute shares newsletters, important news and articles about the Institute and its activities, the achievements of the Institute's faculty, staff, students and alumni, upcoming events and programmes etc., on the portal.
- Alumni can post their achievements, write about jobs or LIVE project opportunities for other alumni to see.
- The IIM Calcutta alumni network can also be accessed on mobile phones through the mobile app.
- Executive Education Alumni are entitled to a discount of 5% on the programme fee if they opt to do another LDP.
- By using the different features of the IIM Calcutta portal, alumni across programmes can engage with each other in many meaningful ways. It is up to the alumni themselves to leverage the platform
How to Apply
For further details and for downloading the application forms please visit - https://timestsw.secure.force.com/applyProgram/?programId=a065j00000EH1rzAAD
Name: Prathmesh Dali
Email ID: admissions[at]timesgroup[at]com