Applications are invited for the below mentioned position:
1. Title: Senior Systems Analyst (Regular)
2. Department: Computer Centre
3. Responsibilities of Senior Systems Analyst at IIM Calcutta:
- Overall Supervision of Computer Services Operations:
- Putting systems and procedure in place for smooth functioning of the Computer Services operations
- Regular monitoring of Computer Services operations and acting on deficiencies, if any
- Formulating Policies:
- Formulating and constantly updating an overall information systems plan for IIMC
- Constantly assessing the application landscape commensurate with an international institute of repute
- Framing policies with respect to privacy and security of institutional academic and organizational data and all digital assets
- Preparing and implementing disaster recovery plans for all applications
- Framing policies to provide secure access and prevent unauthorized access to applications
- Application and Technology Landscape:
- Identifying applications to support processes in different user departments using a consultative approach and maximize synergies across departments
- Preparing software requirement specifications and request for proposal documents
- Ensuring compatibility and inter-operability of applications supporting different departments – both existing and new applications
- Ensuring sufficient understanding of vendors regarding integration requirements
- Mitigating risks due to data inconsistencies across applications
- Tracking and monitoring usage of various applications
- Ensuring the smooth running of all current application software, including academic, administrative and process support software
- Securing Institute data from internal and external attack
- Assessing the suitability of alternative software environments to the existing application landscape in the institute
- Institutionalizing new applications through training, technology adoption workshops etc.
- Network and Hardware Infrastructure:
- Liaising with the ISPs to ensure continued availability of Internet access
- To carry out regular audits of the IT infrastructure of the Institute
- Monitoring the performance of hardware and software systems installed in the Institute and suggest pre-emptive maintenance activities (or if necessary, procurement) for these systems
- To monitor the performance of the computer network on a regular basis and suggest changes to the infrastructure as and when needed for betterment
- Vendor Management:
- Coordinating with computer services team and the procurement department in executing procurement process
- Formulating service level agreements
- Project Management:
- Forming ad-hoc project committees and organizing regular meetings of the project committees to coordinate with the vendor
- Monitoring progress and keeping track of projects and the milestones achieved
- Ensuring vendors to comply with all terms and conditions mentioned in the contract agreement
- Ensuring smooth go-live and handover on completion of development and implementation projects
- Preparing reports on key IT assets, licenses, maintenance and costs
- Managing software related Human Resources:
- Participating in hiring of suitable people for software related tasks
- Allocating tasks and responsibilities to different personnel
- Mentoring and training support staff
- Finance and Administrative Part:
- Coordinating with different user departments and computer services team to ensure budgetary allocation for various applications
- Ensuring that base software and application software licensing laws and agreements are adhered to
- Process ownership relating to procurement, PO issuance, renewal, billing, etc. relating to software and applications
- To act as the central repository of all important documents relating to all application environments
- Any other jobs as assigned by the Competent Authority from time to time in the interest of the Institute.
4. Academic and Professional Qualification:
- MCA/M.Sc. in IT/Computer Science.
Master Degree in ICT (Information and Communication Technology) related subject.
- CCNA certification required.
- Any degree or diploma in Management or a related discipline will be an added advantage.
- At least 15 (Fifteen) years professional experience in ICT (Information and Communication Technology) in Central/State Government/ Autonomous or Statutory Organization/ PSU/University or Recognized Research or Educational Institution of which at least 5 years in the pre-revised pay of PB-3(15600-39100) + GP-6600/- corresponding to revised pay at Level-11 in the Pay Matrix as per 7th CPC
10 (Ten) years in the pre-revised pay of PB-3(15600-39100) + GP-5400/- corresponding to revised pay at Level-10 in the Pay Matrix as per 7th CPC.
- 15 (Fifteen) years of professional experience in ICT holding analogous post.
Not more than 50 (Fifty) years as on the last date of application.
7. Pay Matrix and Level (for regular position):
In the Pay Level -12 (Rs.78800-209200) of Pay Matrix (Pre-Revised PB-3: GP-7600) plus DA, HRA, Transport Allowance, LTC etc. as per rules of the Institute. Total minimum emoluments as on date would be Rs.1,36,000/- (Rupees One Lakh Thirty Six Thousand) approx. per month with other admissible allowances and benefits as per Institute’s rules.
Medical expenses on domiciliary treatment (OPD - Out Patient Department) for self & dependent family members within the Institute’s ceiling limit of Rs.27,000/- (Rupees Twenty Seven thousand only) per annum and yearly Mediclaim Insurance coverage for self & dependent family members upto Rs.4 Lacs for hospitalization treatment. These limits are subject to revisions from time to time. Other applicable benefits like mobile reimbursement etc. will be as per the Institute’s rules.
There will be a probation period for 02(Two) years. On successful completion of probation period only, confirmation will be considered, which is based on performance during the probation period or otherwise extension/termination of probation.
- Applicants working in Govt./Semi Govt./Public Sector Undertakings should apply through proper channel.
- Application forms should be supported by self-attested photograph and documents in respect of qualification, experience etc. of the candidates.
- Age relaxation for SC/ST and OBCs is applicable as per Government of India norms.
- The prescribed qualification is the minimum and mere fulfilling the minimum essential qualification will not entitle an applicant to be called for test/interview.
- Degree as referred above should have been awarded by a recognized University/Institute.
- Candidate should submit a certificate from the employer/competent authority that no vigilance/disciplinary case is either pending or contemplated against him/her.
- Competent authority may relax the age and experience in deserving cases.
- Any subsequent amendments/modifications etc. will be notified in the Institute’s website [www.iimcal.ac.in] and may be referred by the interested candidates.
- Application fee of Rs.200/- (Rupees Two hundred) only should be submitted in the form of demand draft in favour of “Indian Institute of Management Calcutta” payable at Kolkata. For Online Bank Transfer, Bank Details may be found as attached. SC/ST/Female candidates will not be required to submit the application fee.
- No interim queries will be entertained.
- The authority reserves the right to reject/accept any candidature without assigning any reason.
- Out stationed candidates shortlisted for personal interview would be reimbursed to and fro Airfare (economy class)/ AC I train fare as travelling allowance on submission of bills.
- Incomplete applications or applications without self-attested copies of certificates / testimonials or received after the last date are liable to be rejected.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements may apply on prescribed form addressed to: ‘Senior Administrative Officer (HR)’, Indian Institute Of Management Calcutta, D. H. Road, P.O. -Joka, Kolkata – 700 104 on or before 01.01.2023.